
I had the good fortune to visit with my elegant friend Ashley during the Documenta 12 exhibition that takes place here every 5 years. We weren't that excited with the exhibit, but it was fun and interesting to see it with Ashley and her 'curatorial eyes'. She cast a knowledgable and well informed light on what was for me an otherwise confounding experience. Documenta is a highly regarded event and is curated every five years by a different professional in the field. I plan to give it another go 5 years from now if I am around.
The photo on the left shows the temporary building constructed for the exhibition - one of our least favorite components. I cropped the picture to give emphasis to the dramatic sky. The weather tended to ' wechsel' (change) from one minute to the next leading Ashley to comment on the last day that the weather had been 'Mercurial'. Ahhh, that is the kind of word I rarely here (or use) since being here....mercurial. It was really nice to see her. On the right is the Orangerie ( just across the green lawn from here is the temp building), and it is where we met for our first lunch, glass of wine and long chat. Sadly, I never went into this building, wish I had.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home