Friday, August 31, 2007




And finally for this report - last Friday: So - I think this scene speaks for itself, hmm? Well, I will only add that this is my "lieblings Brot". I buy it from the Farmer's market on Fridays from the "Backerei Dietrich". It is delicious beyond words. Click on this image to see it larger, don't lick the screen though.




A very happy 'food note': Here is a picture of my 'haul' from last Friday - chicken, cheese, vegetables, fruits, breads, etc, and note the luscious Hazelnut Cake in the foreground - yum. All local (except the fish, which is from the north sea) and all delish! I carry all of this stuff (tenderly) on my bike. It is no easy feat, but if I had a car I would buy three times the amount of stuff Christian and I could eat. It is a beautiful market and one can buy all of this plus wonderful plants, clothes hangers, shoes, bed sheets, silver polish...and much more! I always have fun and the growers and vendors seem to get a little kick out of my botched German. We all end up smiling for one reason or another!










































1 Comments:

Blogger mim said...

Oh Kris, I looked at every photo, read every entry...such fun to catch up with you this way...and, I'll see in Richmond! I'm NOT going to L.A. yippee. Ich bin zehr froelich (or something like that!)

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home