Friday, August 31, 2007






















On the way back to town, we decided to take the bikes all the way...also most of the ride would be downhill. I slowed down at this bridge to take a picture, as I did, Christian commented, "it almost looks like someplace in West Virginia", he has been on some rock-climbing adventures there.... I was thinking just the same sort of thing, this was a lovely place for a bike ride.





On the right is an entrance to a path in the woods. This image of a lonely car parked at the edge of the path was taken directly across from the bridge. It is the kind of image I remember fondly from my first visit to Germany in fall 2001. It is a common sight where Christian is from (in Bavaria, where we always stayed when we came to Germany). To "wandern" in the woods is a favorite German activity, and sometimes includes mushroom hunting, though I can't say if mushrooms are part of this activity here in Saxony. Anyway, the sight of cars or bikes parked at the edge of the woods awaiting the return of their owners is one that I found immensely charming. Tomorrow we leave for a week in Bavaria and hopefully a few 'wandern' opportunities too. I slipped in an old photo from 2004 just to give you an idea of what 'wandern' is like in the woods near Christian's dad's house....its also nice with lots of snow - if your feet are warm and dry.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home