

Just to the left of (non) Hermes and a bit beyond him is this area
that is called Rosengarten, a public rose garden with a sweet little cafe at the other end (can you see it way back there in the distance?- past the gazebo). Who is the mystery woman? I don't know. But this is one of my favorite spots to stroll or linger on a nice day; a three minute walk from our place. I can hardly believe those roses are still blooming... we were just there on Sunday. I found this spot early on when we started looking for an apt. This area is across the Bautzner Strasse in a quieter area, but is still considered "Neustadt", its does not though give one the sense of walking through a urinal as other parts of Neustadt so often do... On the right is part of a bike path that runs for miles along the river. People can also walk here and there are benches to the right (out of photo-shot). It is just to the right of the mystery sculpture woman ( I took this photo from the other end near the cafe) and a little lower down, closer to the meadow along the river - I think you can see a tiny speck of water behind the bike belonging to someone else.


1 Comments:
Chuck and I loved the tour of your neighborhood. Thanks for showing it to us.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home