
On the way back to town, we decided to walk part of the way (on the Fahrradweg - bike path) upriver to the next village (about 20 or so minutes by foot), called Wehlen and catch the train from there. This 'flat land' walk was so nice and more my speed. Along the way I noticed the dots of chartreuesy-green sprinkled all over the branches of trees along our path. I hope you can see this in the photo, it was so beautiful against the gray sky....twinkly, the hope-filled emergence of spring.
Here is a view from the bike path - I know I have mentioned this path many times in the past, probably because it is one of my very favorite things about being here. It is a beautiful, democratic, enviro-friendly, cheap, non-language-requiring way of getting myself out into the gorgeous lush landscape all around us here. All along this path are green meadows, bier gardens, castles and lots and lots of trees. Through this section where we walked from Rathen to Wehlen is a handsome old stone wall full of ferns and mosses....
this abundant show does medical wonders for my Blue Ridge heartaches.
Here is a view from the bike path - I know I have mentioned this path many times in the past, probably because it is one of my very favorite things about being here. It is a beautiful, democratic, enviro-friendly, cheap, non-language-requiring way of getting myself out into the gorgeous lush landscape all around us here. All along this path are green meadows, bier gardens, castles and lots and lots of trees. Through this section where we walked from Rathen to Wehlen is a handsome old stone wall full of ferns and mosses....
this abundant show does medical wonders for my Blue Ridge heartaches.


1 Comments:
All of these pix make my newly installed knee ace slightly. However, the idea of actually hiking some of these paths is starting to take on a reality.
Love
dad
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home