
Here on the left is a view I took just before we walked on the bridge. I started to feel some vertigo on the bridge - it is narrow and on the day we were there, it was also crowded - so this is the only 'high up shot' I took. In the distance to the left is a mountainous chunk jutting out called 'Lilienstein' and beyond it slightly and right of center is another large chunk called Koenigstein. A few months ago I posted some photos from a visit to Koenigstein ( I think it was part of the by-now-infamous "drooling over cake letter"), and the Lilistein shows up in one of the those photos but from the other side. It was fun to see it from this angle (and realize my knees have survived).... This whole national park area was a great inspiration to the German Romantic artists such as Casper David Friedrich (he resided in Dresden). Here on the right is his "Wanderer above the sea of Fog" 1817.


1 Comments:
I thought for a minute that was one of you on that rock looking outward! Ha ha ha,just kidding. Sorry I haven't commented in awhile...been busy posting on my blog. smile. love the photos of nature, which I mainly avoid, except for my yard. But I do like looking at it. Nature, that is.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home